Port Solent – Salary Neg based on experience c£40-60k package + bens
Large technology company seek personable commercial contracts manager to liase with the legal team, commercial departments and salesforce (who deal with the client engagement directly) to manage large company contracts.
You will be based in Port Solent with a flexible working policy of 2-3 days in the office and 2 from home. Super company with blue chip benefits and a proven record of progression based on performance both within and between company divisions.
You will provide crucial commercial support and governance to the business, ensuring contracts with customers protect the business and drive early revenue realisation. This role involves close collaboration with Sales, Bid, and Deal Desk Teams to construct profitable commercial solutions, highlight and mitigate commercial risks, create robust contracts and ensure governance compliance.
This is a varied supporting and enabling role covering a wide scope of commercial and contractual management and governance activities across the follwoing markets: Enterprise, Public Sector and SME, covering UK and approved international territories. Day to day your activity will be driven by opportunity-based engagement (proactive and responsive), escalations, exceptions, and a desire to educate and upskill others to drive commercial best practice.The role has a high level of autonomy when it comes to regular processes and decision making, with an expectation that you will seek clarification as and when required.
Whilst you won’t be responsible for the commercial delivery or KPI’s of individual contracts, you will play an important part to ensure contracts are constructed to deliver expected revenue and margin and that commercial obligations and contractual milestones are understood by the business.You will also be leading and supporting activity to identify ways to drive revenue and margin growth within our existing customer base.
Supporting the Head of Commercial Management, and in leading as required, this role will cover the following key areas which will entail you partnering with sales owners and sales leadership, bid, finance, billing and procurement teams and legal counsel.
- Review, draft and negotiate contractual documentation, including but not limited to RFIs, RFPs, NDAs, MSAs, Terms and Conditions, Framework Orders, customers contractual documentation, variations, addendums and supplier contracts, identifying and mitigating contractual risks and liabilities.
- Actively participate in multiple large tender opportunities, providing compliant responses and supporting Sales and Deal Desk with the commercial proposition as required, ensuring risk is appropriately mitigated in the contract through price, schedule, terms or contract scope.
- Review and update internal contract documents including defining alternative clauses and associated delegation of authority frameworks (DOAs) and ensuring any supplier flow down terms remain current and aligned to our propositions.
- Generate contract related notices as required.
- Educate and upskill the wider business for optimised contractual and commercial performance and risk mitigation.
- Support the resolution of contractual disputes including advising stakeholders on contractual rights and obligations within existing contracts.
- Help to develop and implement standard commercial packages and pricing including defining pre-approved pricing and/or margin thresholds.
- Work with Proposition, Procurement and Change Management teams to support the onboarding of new suppliers or products.
- Help to define, implement and monitor governance controls, including Group policies and procedures.Reassess the suitability of the controls based on the operation and monitoring of those activities and update the controls as necessa
Revenue Assurance, Growth and Profit Improvement
- Identify opportunities to maximise the value from our contracts and minimise margin leakage making recommendations to the business.
- Working with Sales Leadership and Finance Team, ensure contracts are delivering the expected revenues and margins.
- Identify areas to improve revenue realisation processes and work with relevant stakeholders to drive and implement change.
- Support any revenue and margin true up activity as may be required.
- Devise commercial promotional propositions and incentives.
- Work with the Group Commercial and Procurement Teams to understand costs and identify areas for cost optimisation.
- Good communicator and listener with strong negotiation, influence and motivation abilities.
- Exceptional organisational skills and able to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Professional, proactive, self-motivated and effective team player.
- Demonstrate sound business acumen and robust commercial judgment and always advocate best commercial practice.
- Positive attitude with a diplomatic approach.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Critical thinker with a flexible approach to problem-solving.
- Analytical and comfortable manipulating data.
- Continuous learner with a strong work ethic.
- Strives for perfection and adopts a ‘right first time’ approach.
- Customer-oriented with strong time management skills.
To apply, please email in your CV with a covering note about why this role may appeal, what your notice period is and what your current and expected salary is on a full time basis. Also give an indication of what hours you can work in a week please.
eXactitude Resourcing Limited is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. eXactitude complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics.