Newbury – £80-90k + bonus and bens (£SixfigurePackage)
Large listed IT/Telco seeks an practice trained qualified with strong technical skills (either straight from or working in commerce) for a varied divisional finance manager role. My client operates a hybrid working system with 2 days expected in the Newbury head office. Benefits are excellent and include a 10% bonus based on company and personal performance.
This is a hands-on analytical centered Finance Manager role overseeing the Management Accounts Finance Team and reporting into the Divisional Finance Director. I am looking for an individual who has experience in process automation within a large business, ideally with Power Automate, while SQL database analysis skills are highly desirable.
- Main point of contact working closely with the business Senior Leadership team to analyse, understand and provide key insights into results, trends and KPIs to facilitate business decision making and provide ad hoc reporting as required.
- Development and upkeep of key Finance and Non-Financial results using SQL databases and Microsoft Power BI as the primary reporting sources.
- Proactively identify further areas to improve with subsequent implementation by working with key stakeholders in the business and the Divisional Finance Director.
- Review and challenge annual commission pay plans.
- Overseeing the monthly commission process to ensure payments are fully understood, up to date whilst ensuing key controls and processes are adhered too in line with Commission guidelines.
- Attend monthly project performance meetings to understand key trends, mitigations, and impact on result.
Month End reporting
- Oversee and provide guidance to the Management Accounts team through the month end process to ensure accurate and timely results are reported in line with timeframes and applicable IFRS accounting standards.
- Develop project accounting to fully understand project profitability and true cost to serves.
- Review, challenge and understand monthly results with the management accounts teams against forecast and budget and communicate key trends and findings.
- Leading the monthly review with the Divisional FD and UK FD to explain business unit results.
- Prepare and maintain the monthly divisional board pack and submission of results to group.
- Provide guidance, support, and development in the Management Accountants team as required to develop and maintain a best-in-class function.
- Understand the overall month end SQL database process, help resolve issues, and identify areas for improvement.
- Critically evaluate month end related processes to ensure fit for purpose, efficient and in line with business needs.
Budgets and Forecasts
- Prepare, review, challenge and interpret the consolidated annual budget, quarter forecast and 5-year plans with associated presentations and support.
- Working closely with the Divisional MD, Sales Director, and Divisional Finance Director to ensure inputs into Budget and Forecast models are realistic, accurate and reflect overall business understanding.
- Provide high level monthly rolling risk and opportunity adjusted forecasts to guide the business.
- Half year, interim and full year audit responsibilities
- Input into a new Finance System development and deployment.
- Provide support for business and system integrations.
- Attend other monthly meetings as required.
- A strong technical Accountant with a top 10 firm audit background and proven industry experience.
- Experience covering month end activities and Finance Planning and Analysis.
- A continuous improvement mindset who is comfortable to challenge, develop and refine processes and current thinking.
- Candidates will require advanced Excel skills, a good level or desire to learn SQL and Microsoft Power BI.
- Proven project accounting experience.
- Proactive and self-driven with an ability to work on their own and as part of a team.
- Team Management and development experience.
- A good communicator with different levels in an organization and to both finance and non-finance people.
- Ability to be hands on with the day-to-day accounting activities and appreciation of the broader picture.
- Recognised accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Experience of UKGAAP and IFRS.
For an initial discussion please email in your CV or respond with your phone number for a confidential briefing. Please also provide information on both your current and expected salary as well as your notice period / availability to start.
eXactitude Resourcing Limited is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. eXactitude complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics.