Newbury – 2 days in office and 3 remote – £40-50k package neg including bonus.
Varied PQ or newly / recently qualified role looking after the monthly accounting cycle for several divisions of a large listed technology company, working for a finance manager as their key senior assistant. My client is looking for an ambitious and capable accountant with a communicative personality and the ability to own reporting of the stat acs and monthly cycle. Benefits are blue chip and career progression assured, based on performance, as the company is growing fast and is highly successful. My client will look at both commercial and practice trained candidates who are looking to move into commerce for the first time.
- Completion of annual statutory accounts for UK subsidiary companies
- Monthly management accounts production
- Business partnering
- Assistance with preparation of corporation tax returns (CT skills helpful not essential)
- Completion of QTR VAT returns
- Assistance in the annual R&D returns
- Completion of ONS returns
- Assist with monthly reporting for overseas entities (Hungary, Germany & Poland)
- Document controls for overseas entities and where relevant bring polices and procedures in line with UK control environment
- Liaise with external accountants for reporting and payroll
Governance and Control
- Document the governance and control environment
- Identify areas of control and governance weakness, help implement improvements and update documentation as required
- Facilitate the adoption of Group level controls at Business Unit level
- Ensure compliance with future governance and control requirements in line with business growth
- Assist with the integration of future acquisitions
- Maintaining month end for acquired subsidiaries until integrated and passed over to the relevant Management accounts team
- Alignment of process, reporting Governance and controls with the Group company
- Help plan and action legal entity rationalisation with external advisers
- Supporting the Management Accounts team as required
- Other ad hoc project as the business grows
- Experience of working in a larger company’s financial or management accounts teams.
- Knowledge of month end processes
- Strong excel skills
- Good time management and task prioritisation skills to ensure deadlines are met and to standard
- A good communicator with different levels in an organisation and to both finance and non-finance people
- Self-driven with an ability to work on their own and as part of a team
- Ability to be hands on with day-to-day accounting as required
- Degree (or equivalent)
- Recognised studying or recently acquired accounting qualification (ACA or ACCA)
- Experience of working within UKGAAP and IFRS
- Experience of system integrations – specifically Dynamics would be useful
To apply please send in your CV and short cover note to support your application, including details of your salary expectations and notice period.
eXactitude Resourcing Limited is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. eXactitude complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics.